Published on : Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Hotel de Gantès located in the South of France, in Aix en Provence offers lucrative packages for the year. It’s an all brand new “Hotel Boutique” down-town on the famous Cours Mirabeau, next to the well-known “Brasserie des Deux Garçons”.
This charming hotel features 11 bedrooms and suites of character with stylish decor which combines both modernity and history. The Hotel de Gantès is in the heart of the city close to the Granet Museum, in the historical center.
Here’s a list of “exclusive special offers” for an unforgettable evening ( birthday, marriage proposal, special events…)
- “Romantic Package” : a night in double room ( Champagne, Fruits & Chocolates ) Hammam and Breakfast ( 250€ to 350€ / Depending on season )
- “Glamor Package” : a night in Terrasse-suite and a glamor welcome ( Champagne, fruits & Chocolates) Hamman and Breakfast ( 650€ to 850€ / Depending on Season )
Extra on request: massage, candelight dinner…
DISCOVERY TRIP : 2 or 3 nights and organized visits:
The region has so much to offer that anyone of you will find what each one is looking for :
- an old heritage, from the roman buildings to the medieval villages and fortresses…
- a private sightseeing tour with the most beautiful perched villages in the Luberon,
- colourful markets beautifully laid out…
- In the footsteps of Cézanne who was born in Aix and made the surroundings of his town very famous, like the impressive Mount Sainte-Victoire, one of his favorite subjects,
- discovery of the most famous vineyards of the Côtes du Rhône and meeting with the owners of well known wineries.
- Visit of the “Calissons” factory, candied fruit, “nougat”, jam and chocolate.
- Visit of the “Santons of Provence” factory : the various stages in the mould creation, painting and firing.
- A sea cruise to discover the famous Calanques of Cassis.
FESTIVE WEEK-END : 1 or 2 nights, a selection of restaurants, theater, concerts, sport
(Stade Velodrome in Marseille), night clubs.
The International Festival of Lyric Art
The Grand Théâtre de Provence season offers music in all its form (classical, baroque, opera, recitals, major performers, jazz, world, singing), dance and shows for young audiences.
CHRISTMAS TIME : 1 or 2 nights, the festive Christmas meal (fête calendale) is the most important event in the Provençal calendar.
Like most French towns and cities, Aix has a bustling Christmas market that features all the handcrafted goods and local tidbits that one typically finds in Christmas markets. And during the month of December you’ll find a unique crèche (Nativity Scene) composed of small hand-painted terracotta figurines, called santons (“little saints”). The Provencal crèche stands apart from most nativity scenes in that not only does it have the usual biblical figures but also includes figures from Provençal village life.
The most interesting aspect of Christmas in Aix, however, is the way the locals observe the holiday. On Christmas Eve, Provence natives traditionally eat a large dinner called Le Gros Souper (“the big supper”), which consists of seven meat-free courses . Afterwards, they attend midnight mass at their local church, only to return home to continue eating for another hour or two. This post-mass meal is known as Les Treize Desserts, which symbolizes Christ and his twelve apostles. The 13 desserts fall into three categories: dried fruits and nuts, fresh fruits, and sweets. There is a Marché des Treize Desserts at which you can buy all the traditional goodies for this special meal.
END OF YEAR PARTY: 1 or 2 nights and festive meals.
Tags: Hotel de Gantès