Published on : Saturday, January 4, 2014
On Monday, January 6, for the first time, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the G Subway Line Icon line in Brooklyn. G Subway Line Icon service will be suspended between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Church Av from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, January 6 to early Friday morning, January 10. Free shuttle buses, and F Subway Line Icon trains provide alternate service via Jay St-MetroTech.
· Free shuttle buses operate between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and the Jay St-MetroTech F Subway Line Icon station making station stops at Classon Av, Clinton-Washington Avs, Fulton St, and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.
· Transfer between G Subway Line Icon trains and free shuttle buses at Bedford-Nostrand Avs.
· Take the F Subway Line Icon for service between Jay St-MetroTech and Church Av.
· Transfer between free shuttle buses and F Subway Line Icon trains at Jay St-MetroTech.
· Take A Subway Line Icon service is also available between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and Jay St-MetroTech.
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish.
FASTRACK was introduced in January 2012, devoting four straight weeknights to perform maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks, completely suspending service within a given line segment for a seven-hour period between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., allowing an army of maintenance workers to perform dozens of tasks.
Our next FASTRACK overnight closure will be on the 1 Subway Line Icon line between 96 St and Dyckman St beginning Monday night, January 13 and ending early Friday morning, January 17.