Published on : Monday, November 25, 2013
US President Barrack Obama said in a statement that with the new president in Iran a new window of communication has opened up. Over the next six months Iran will be allowed to access some of their revenue frozen over sanctions. International inspectors will be allowed to access Iranian facilities to verify their peaceful intentions. President Obama confirmed Iran had the right, like any other nation, to utilize nuclear technology for peaceful purposes. The US president sees a real opportunity for a significant solution of this problem. It won’t be easy and challenges remain, but it could be the end of mistrust and the first step to welcome Iran back into the international community.
“It’s 3 am in Geneva. Iran and the West: We have reached an agreement,” Iranian Foreign
Minister Javad Zarif tweeted after 2 a.m. The spokesman for the lead European negotiator,Catherine Ashton, made a similar announcement via Twitter. “We have reached agreement,” the tweet said.
The deal is a six-month trial to see how this arrangement will work.
Nuclear power is a peaceful or hostile tool. Trust and mistrust between the Islamic world and the west- all of this is part of the negotiation in Geneva about Iran’s nuclear ambitions. Shifting balances of power, opportunity for new trade, that will most certainly also include the travel and tourism industry may be a historic development that just ended minutes ago in Geneva, Switzerland.
Minutes ago it was leaked that The P5+1 world powers and Iran have struck a historic deal on Tehran’s nuclear program at talks in Geneva on Sunday. Ministers overcame the last remaining hurdles to reach agreement, despite strong pressure from Israel and lobby groups.
The French delegation has also confirmed the deal.
The P5+1 and Iran arrived at the historic deal over Iran’s nuclear programme at approximately 3:00 AM local time in Geneva. Before the assembly, the foreign ministers reportedly spent some time consulting with their capitals, a diplomatic source in the Russian delegation told Ria.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stressed on Saturday that “for the first time in many years the six world powers and Iran have a real opportunity to reach an agreement.”
According to Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, shortly before midnight, the talks were in “their 11th hour.” He said that “98 per cent of the draft” had already been agreed and the sides were discussing the remaining two per cent, which was “very important” to the Iranian side.
During the day Iran once again reiterated it would not accept a deal which did not recognize in one way or another Iran’s right to enrich uranium.
Just hours earlier:
Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and Security Affairs Seyyed Abbas Araqchi said 98- percent progress has been made in talks with the world powers on the country’s nuclear energy program.
Araqchi noted only a few areas of disagreement remain, but acknowledged that the remaining issues are very important and difficult per se.
Araqchi made the comments as Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held a second round of a trilateral meeting with his US counterpart John Kerry and European Union foreign policy chief Catharine Ashton over the wording of a draft deal.
The foreign ministers of Britain, China, France Russia and Germany are also in Geneva in a bid to narrow the gaps and finalize a nuclear deal with Iran.
Tags: Destination News