Published on : Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Orbitz Worldwide has partnered with the Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau to launch “Orbitz Originals: Authentic Florida,” a ten-part online video series that is hosted by award-winning travel expert Richard Bangs. Supported by discounts of up to 20 percent off hotel rooms, this seventh installment of the “Orbitz Originals” series once again harnesses the power of online video to inspire travelers and drive travel bookings to Bradenton, a quiet vacation escape located just north of Sarasota and less than an hour from Tampa Bay.
Travelers looking for a relaxing Florida destination just off the beaten path – and away from the Spring Break crowds – will find Bradenton’s mix of white-sand beaches, charming history, delicious seafood and family-friendly activities perfect for a getaway. Each episode of “Orbitz Originals: Authentic Florida” inspires travelers to explore the many attractions and activities Bradenton has to offer all year-round.
Highlights of the series include:
• ”Authentic Paradise” offers a glimpse at the real Bradenton – historic, charming and authentically Floridian.
• ”Secret Life of a Hotel Inspector” gives viewers an up-close and personal walk through of Bradenton’s variety of accommodations, including century-old bed & breakfasts, beachside resorts and luxury inns.
• ”Tide to Table” brings the viewer along for some of the best fishing along Florida’s gulf coast – redfish, trout, snook and mackerel are among the many species that can be hooked by both beginners and experienced anglers alike.
• ”Top Family Activities” presents Richard Bangs’ Gold List of area attractions, including Pirate City (the Pittsburgh Pirates’ spring training home), TreeUmph! Adventure Course, and Andersen Race Park.
• ”The Green Flash” explores the Bradenton community’s commitment to eco-friendly seaside living and historic preservation.
“Bradenton is an emerging destination with something to offer every kind of traveler. And while it’s quiet and relaxing, it’s easily accessible with two major airports less than an hour away,” said Debbie Meihls, Executive Manager of the Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Orbitz Originals: Authentic Florida is a wonderful showcase of all that the Bradenton area has to offer, with beautiful footage and expert recommendations from Richard Bangs, one of the world’s foremost travel experts.”
To date, “Orbitz Originals” videos highlighting Cancun, the Cayman Islands, Qatar, Vermont, Ireland and New York have been viewed over one million times by travelers seeking inspiration for future trips. Bookings to those destinations have experienced double-digit growth over the life of each campaign.
“Our mission with the ‘Orbitz Originals’ series is to encourage travelers and drive bookings to a diverse set of global destinations,” said Josh Winkler, Orbitz Worldwide vice president of partner marketing. “Bradenton is a fantastic Floridian escape with a lot to offer travelers and ‘Orbitz Originals: The Authentic Florida’ blends travel inspiration with smart recommendations Orbitz customers can take advantage of when booking their next vacation.”