Published on : Saturday, January 11, 2014
Quebec City now has a regional sales force to promote business tourism outside the province. Unveiled this morning at the Quebec City Convention Centre, YQB (Your Quebec City Business Destination) will be on the job with the goal of significantly increasing room-nights in the Quebec City area.
This dream team was created in fall 2013, shepherded by a strategic committee of movers and shakers assembling out-of-province business tourism specialists from Quebec City Tourism, the Quebec City Convention Centre, and ExpoCite’s Centre de foires to help unify, standardize and increase the effectiveness of the city’s sales and promotions.
The new team’s inaugural promotional activity will take place January 12 to 15 in Boston at PCMA Convening Leaders, a gathering of some 4,000 convention and business meeting planners hosted by the Professional Convention Management Association. Representatives from the Convention Centre, Quebec City Tourism, and the hotel industry will join forces to attract conventions large and small to Quebec City as a whole without emphasizing any one operation.
“The synergy between the various stakeholders in the region of Quebec has always been beneficial but we believe the new unified sales force will enable us to improve our position and be more present in the highly competitive market of business tourism”, said Mr. Andre Roy, Director of Quebec City Tourism.
“It’s a big change in strategy for Quebec City business tourism,” added Mr. P.-Michel Bouchard, CEO of the Quebec City Convention Centre and chair of the strategic committee. “Our out-of-province promotional efforts will now be a coordinated effort. The benefits for the city and the hospitality industry will be quickly felt. By finding new business opportunities, our sales team will boost the number of room-nights.”
Regional Sales Force Strategic Committee
• P.-Michel Bouchard, CEO, Quebec City Convention Centre Members:
• 2 representatives from Quebec City Tourism
– Andre Roy, Director
– Caroline Lepage, Board Member, and CEO of Agora Communication
• 1 representative from the Quebec Region Hotel Association
– Natasha Desbiens, General Manager
• 2 representatives from the hotel industry (Upper Town)
– Robert Mercure, General Manager, Fairmont Château Frontenac
– Alain Girard, president and CEO, Château Laurier
• 1 representative from the hotel industry (Sainte-Foy area)
– Annie April, Director Of Operations, Hôtel Classique
• 1 representative from Grande Allee
– Daniel Pare, Hotel Manager, Loews Le Concorde
Source:- Quebec City Convention Center