Published on : Friday, September 16, 2016
The autumn months offer some of San Diego’s best weather, with clear, sunny and warm temperatures, not to mention plenty of activities for visitors and locals alike. Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara offers guests plenty of unique opportunities and amenities to enhance a getaway. Here, the concierge team at Four Seasons shares seven reasons why fall is more fun in San Diego.
1. Kids’ Meals are Complimentary at Seasons – Throughout the month of October, registered guests ages 5 and under can enjoy one complimentary breakfast meal at Seasons Restaurant with the purchase of an adult entrée.
2. Fun for All Kids – Aviara offers a host of fun kid- and family-friendly activities that will keep children entertained and engaged throughout their visit. From S’mores Night by the Summits Pool to the exclusive Aviara Kids supervised child-care program, Four Seasons has thought of all the little details in making young guests feel like rock stars. Kids Night Out affords parents the chance to enjoy some togetherness while children hang out together at Aviara’s Club 760; they’ll make friends, play games, participate in arts and crafts projects, and enjoy dinner and a movie.
3. Seasons Cooking Class – As the weather turns cooler this fall season, why not whip up a batch of heart-warming soup? In the Soupendous Soups class, the Seasons culinary team will share secrets to creating deeply flavourful soups to simmer on one’s own stove. Call Seasons Restaurant at 1 760 814 8677 for a schedule and to book a reservation.
4. LEGOLAND Brick or Treat Party Nights – Bring the kids to LEGOLAND for their annual Halloween celebration. Every Saturday night in October, LEGOLAND will extend its hours so families can enjoy live entertainment including new shows, character meet and greets, costume contests, treat stations and much more.
5. Mummy Wrap from Driftwood Spa – The French Green Clay and Seaweed Detox Wrap is anything but spooky. This deluxe body wrap will leave skin glowing and richly hydrated, improving its overall tone and texture. Guests will look and feel revived and refreshed.
6. Bing Crosby Meet at Del Mar – Unable to attend this summer’s racing season at the Del Mar fairgrounds? The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club is now offering the Bing Crosby Meet, 15 days of racing from Friday, November 11 through Sunday, December 4, 2016 (with the track dark on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays). The added season pays tribute to the glamour and excitement of the 1930s, when Hollywood icon Bing Crosby founded the track with other celebrities.
7. Bates Nut Farm – This San Diego County destination is the place to bring family during the autumn months. Located in a bucolic valley setting, Bates’ annual Pumpkin Patch festival is a beloved tradition that must not be missed. Families will find tractor hayrides, straw maze, petting corral, Snows pony rides and the chance to select a variety of pumpkins and other fall décor. Weekends at Bates include live entertainment, BBQ, kettle corn, food trucks, rock climb, bounce, slide and other family-friendly events.