Published on : Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Celebrate the holidays in style this year at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas with an array of seasonal-inspired indulgences. During the month of December, the triple Forbes Five Star resort transforms into an exquisite winter wonderland with opulent décor, traditional carolers, festive feasts and soul-warming beverage offerings.
Nutcracker Tea at the Tea Lounge
Inspired by a child’s beloved nutcracker toy, the Tea Lounge offers a themed Nutcracker Tea with a portion of proceeds benefiting Nevada Ballet Theatre. Located on the 23rd floor, guests will enjoy views of the Las Vegas Strip while pampering themselves with a special high tea service and an assortment of holiday sweets. Nutcracker Tea is 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily and USD46 per person.
Also available at the Tea Lounge during the holidays, will be the Build Your Own Hot Chocolate tray priced at USD12 per person. Guests will be given homemade hot chocolate accompanied by fun and festive treats from Executive Pastry Chef, Philippe Angibeau.
Sky Lobby Holiday Carolers
Spirited carolers will welcome guests when checking in at the 23rd floor Sky Lobby throughout the month of December. Unique musical arrangements and traditional Christmas carols will be performed by award-winning choirs from Las Vegas high schools, Centennial and Las Vegas Academy of the Arts. The merry sounds of Centennial High School will be performed December 11, 12 and 16 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Las Vegas Academy of the Arts will perform December 19 through 24 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Christmas at MOzen Bistro
Celebrate Christmas day with brunch and dinner at MOzen Bistro with a little bit of something for everyone. The holiday brunch includes delectable sushi, fresh salads, a roast station and festive desserts. Brunch is 12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and USD69 per person. For dinner, indulge in traditional holiday turkey with all the trimmings plus a decadent dessert trio. Christmas day dinner at MOzen Bistro is 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and USD65 per person.
Winter Warming Cocktails at Mandarin Bar
Warm up at Mandarin Bar with one of the new seasonal cocktails featuring an array of festive flavors:
• Maple Tea-Bird – A complex sidecar with an all spice and brown sugared rim. This version includes Hennesey Black, Daron 5yr Cavados, Quantro, apple juice, maple black tea syrup, peychauds bitters, egg whites and garnished with a star anise.
• Mandarin Boulevard – A twist on the classic boulevardè using Penndelton 12 yr rye, amaro nonino, Carpano sweet vermouth and Aperol garnished with a flamed orange.
• Daywalker – This Irish Apple Pie includes Jameson Irish Whiskey, cinnamon simple syrup, apple cider, fresh lemon juice and finished with “Ginger” ale.
• Old Spiced Sazy – This seasonal twist of the classic “sazerac” uses fall flavors such as crème de mure and cinnamon simple syrup as well as Lillet Rose in an absinthe washed glass combined with Haymans Old Tom Gin to create a savory and rich concoction.
• Herbaceous Monk – Inspired by honey and sage syrup, this cocktail combines the classic “last word” and the “silver fizz” to create a well balanced cocktail with Old Raj Gin which includes green chartreuse, luxardo cherry liquor, fresh lemon juice, egg whites and bittercube bitters.
Source:- Mandarin Oriental
Tags: Hotel News