Published on : Friday, January 31, 2014
The Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office is pleased to announce its board of directors and officers for 2014. The board of directors is comprised of professionals from local hotels, attractions, restaurants, facilities and government officials who are responsible for building community-wide support for the tourism industry in Clark County.
For the 2014 term, Kari Jonassen, general manager of Homewood Suites by Hilton, assumes the position of board chair.Paul Thornton, general manager of Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, will fulfill the role of vice chair, and Carla Rise, general manager of Residence Inn by Marriott, has been elected secretary/treasurer. New directors include Vancouver Farmers Market Executive Director Jordan Boldt and Clark County Event Center and Fairgrounds Executive Director and CEO John Morrison.
Returning directors for 2014 are as follows:
• Jan Bader: City of Vancouver, program & policy development manager
• Kimberly Bennett: Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office, president & CEO
• Alison Hite: Marriott SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, general manager
• Brian McClary: Heathman Lodge, director of operations
• Kelly Sills: Clark County, economic development manager
• Elson Strahan: Fort Vancouver National Trust, president & CEO
• Eric Walters: Hilton Vancouver Washington, general manager
• Melinda Wulf: Phoenix Inn and Suites, general manager
Source:- Vancouver USA
Tags: Vancouver USA