Published on : Thursday, December 26, 2013
2013 is coming to a close, bringing a time of joint celebration around the world. Where can you go to see off the year’s final sunset and welcome in the first dawning rays of 2014? To help you decide, the Taiwan Tourism Bureau has put together the following information on sunset/sunrise watching and New Year’s Eve events at Taiwan’s 10 national scenic areas:
1. Sunset at the Beimen Salt Fields (Beimen Township)
2. Northeast Coast Sunrise Concert (Fulong Beach)
3. Lishan Guguan New Year’s Eve Party (Taichung)
4. Welcoming the Sunset at Sun Moon Lake
5. Alishan Sunrise Impression Concert
6. Erliao Sunrise at Siraya (Erliao, Zuozhen District, Tainan)
7. Maolin Purple Butterfly Valley Biennial Butterfly Beauty Festival: Butterfly Dance Daybreak Concert (Maolin District, Kaohsiung City)
8. Greeting the Dawn of the New Year (Sanxiantai, Taitung County)
9. Green Island Low-Carbon, Round-the-Island Walk
10. New Year’s Eve Party at Donggang Township, Pingtung County
11. Greet the Dawn in Dongju (Juguang Township, Lienchiang County)
Enjoy the sunset with a fire dance, experience the beauty of the coastal sunrise or watch in wonder as seas of clouds blush under the morning sun. These and other wonders await during the many colorful events planned across Taiwan to celebrate the New Year’s holiday in style.
For event details and transportation information, please visit the Tourism Bureau’s Taiwan Tourism Information Website, or inquire at the various national scenic area administrations. The Tourism Bureau encourages visitors to make travel arrangements early and to dress appropriately for the chilly New Year’s season.
Tags: Tourism News