Published on : Thursday, February 7, 2013
January 2013 was perturbed by adverse weather conditions at CDG which led Air France, at the request of the authorities, to reduce capacity by 40% during two days. This reduction in capacity especially weighed on European traffic. KLM also experienced significant snowfalls at Schiphol. As a consequence of these adjustments, capacity was up 0.4% while traffic was stable. The load factor stood at 81.4% (-0.3 points). The number of passengers amounted to 5.5 millions (-3.8%). Unit revenue per available seat kilometre (RASK) ex-currency progressed compared with January 2012.
– On the Americas network traffic and capacity declined by 0.7% and 1.2% respectively. The load
factor stood at 87.4% (+0.5 points) underpinned by Latin America.
– The Asia network was dynamic with a 5.0% rise in traffic. Capacity was up 6.9%, giving a load factor
of 83.8%, down 1.5 points.
– The Africa and Middle East network recorded a 1.5% increase in traffic for capacity up by 1.8%. The
load factor was virtually stable at 80.2% (-0.2 points).
– On the Caribbean and Indian Ocean network capacity was down 4.1% and traffic by 2.8%. The load
factor gained 1.2 points to 86.7%.
– The European network was the most affected by the weather conditions. As a result capacity was
down 2.4% while traffic declined 4.3%. The load factor fell 1.3 points to 67.0%.
In January 2013, traffic and capacity were down by 2.9% and 1.3%. The load factor declined by 1.0 point
to 60.4%. Unit revenue per available tonne kilometre (RATK) ex-currency was slightly down compared
with January 2012.
– Air France is pursuing the restructuring of its short- and medium-haul network within the framework of
the ‘Transform 2015’ plan. The company launched a new fares offer to 58 destinations within its
medium-haul network. On 28 January Air France also launched its new company, Hop! Regrouping
its regional subsidiaries, Brit Air, Airlinair and Regional. As of 31 March, Hop! will operate 530 daily
fights to 136 destinations in France and Europe.
– KLM is the partner and official transport provider for ‘Amsterdam 2013’, an event celebrating the
anniversary of many of the city’s institutions.
Source:- Air france