Published on : Thursday, February 5, 2015
Mr. Manmeet Ahluwalia, Marketing Head, Expedia lists out Valentine’s Day trends for 2015. Whether it is India or abroad or in your own city Expedia has found the perfect solution for romantic couples who are looking for intimate escapes this Valentine’s day!
Weekend + Valentine’s Day getaway
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, couples have started to pre book their holidays to exotic locales, be it sun-kissed beaches, serene mountains or a resort somewhere deep in the jungle; India offers a plethora of options to choose from. And to make your Valentine’s Day more interesting and fun, Expedia offers Romantic Escapes on hotels starting from Rs.1,601 or up to 50% offers on the same.
· Udaipur: Also known as “Venice of the East”, “City of Lakes” a lovely land around the azure water lakes, hemmed in by the lush hills of the Aravalis. Udaipur has three interconnected lakes – Fateh Sagar Lake, Lake Pichhola and Swaroop Sagar Lake; along with forts, palaces, temples, gardens, mountains and narrow lanes with make it a beautiful place at this point of month to visit.
· Jaipur: The Pink City is among the most apt places to visit this Valentine’s day. It’s a rare city where India’s heritage melds seamlessly with urban life. The city full of ancient palaces and havelis, some of which have been turned into luxurious, romantic hotels. Besides the ornate Hawa Mahal and Jal Mahal, you can check out the Amber Fort in an unusual manner. Couples can also try a hot air balloon rides which are offered there during morning and evening.
· Auli: Dotted with apple orchards, oaks and deodars; Auli is a popular hill station in the Himalayan range. The vibrant colors of the flowers and when sunshine that brings out the colors of the valley the will cheer up your mood. The chilly February wind, along with the warmth of the sun gives you a cold-warm feeling.
· Coorg: in Karnataka lies in the Western Ghats and is known for its coffee plantations. The hilly district receives intense rainfall and has an average temperature of 15 degree C for most part of the year. There are wildlife sanctuaries and a national park apart from the bamboo forests here that serve as star attractions.
· Ooty: Head for the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ for this Valentine’s Day. Lofty mountains, dense forest, scenic grasslands and miles of tea gardens greet the tourists here. A ride in the toy train in Ooty will surely make the day more special with your partner.
· Andaman: Pristine white sands, crystal clear blue water and uncrowded beaches, will help you design the perfect setting for your Valentine rendezvous. The Islands are shrouded in the mystery for centuries because of their inaccessibility. A paragon of beauty, these islands present a landscape of scenic and picturesque extravaganza, shimmering like emeralds in the Bay of Bengal and consists of 572 emerald Islands (36 of which are inhabited), islets and rocks slets and rocks.
· Lakshadweep: Comprising a string of 36 palm-covered, white-sand-skirted coral islands 300km off the coast of Kerala, Lakshadweep is as stunning as it is isolated. The real attraction of the islands lies under the water: the 4200 sq km of pristine archipelago lagoons, unspoiled coral reefs and warm waters are a magnet for flipper-toting travelers and divers alike.
· Alleppey: Nothing spells romance like green forests, beautiful backwaters and traditional villages. Backwater cruises, night fishing in house boats and some of the best coastal food to entice your love.
· Kovalam: The place consists of three separated parts of the beaches, Hawah beach, Samudra beach and the Light House beach. The largest among these three beaches is the Light House beach which is a must visit beach of Kovalam. The rhythmic sound of waves along with the cold breeze from Arabian Sea are mesmerizing. The silvery white sand is just perfect for a long walk and the view from the Lighthouse beach for the sunset is breathtaking.
· Offbeat locations in South East Asia: Couples will also explore niche destinations in South East Asia like Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines are for an experiential travel because of its beauty and surroundings. The direct connectivity to these locations from South and West India has increased with budget carriers like AirAsia making it more convenient to plan travel in these regions. Travellers are increasingly choosing Cambodia for its ancient temples and all the rich village life. Lombok (Indonesia) is picking up to relax in a relatively affordable and un-crowded locale, with many natural treasures and majestic scenery. The southern coastline of Lombok is nature on a very grand scale with breath taking turquoise bays, world-class surf breaks and massive headlands. Manila (Philippines) is also an upcoming destination for couples to relax, world-class museums, art galleries, architecture and walking and cycling tours allows them to spend time togather. Vietnam is popular for its tourist destinations like the former imperial capital of Hué, the World Heritage Sites of Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park, Hội An and Mỹ Sơn, coastal regions such as Nha Trang, the caves of Hạ Long Bay and the Marble Mountains.
· Tarkali: Known for its scenic beauty, the place will leave you awestruck. A walk down the edge of the sparkling blue waters in a beautiful experience. It also offers houseboat cruise on the Karli river and is one of the highpoints of the place. Adventure activities like snorkeling or scuba diving or underwater swimming are available for adventure seeking couples. Do not forget to try some of the delectable sea food that Tarkarli is famous for.
· Diveagar: Gentle wind, sun kissed sands, calm and clean waters make the place appealing. The beach is a pleasant and clear water beach with the option of multiple water sports. The coconut cultivation that runs across the beach line makes it a lovely place to spent time around sunset with your partner. Bagmandala Beach is a clean and secluded beach near Srivardhan and one shall enjoy playing in the white sands of this beach. One can also visit the adjacent Bankot Fort via a boat ride.
· Murud-janjira: Murud is an exotic weekend getaway located in Raigarh district of Maharashtra. It is an alluring spot owing to long stretch of silvery sands and pervading lush green vegetation, majestic forts, exquisite beaches and lovely surroundings. Among the notable attractions is the island fort of Bassian which overlooks the Bassein beach. The Panchala fort is a quiet and tranquil hill station.
· Amboli: A tranquil hill station on the Western Ghats, enclosed by dense forests and rolling terrains, Amboli is a fabulous romantic weekend getaway near Mumbai. This magnificent hill station offers breathtaking views of the valleys.
Staycation is another trend that is catching up fast among young couples wherein they book and stay in a hotel in their own city. This allows them to spend time together without the hassle of travelling to a certain destination.