Published on : Thursday, October 6, 2016
Preparations for the ITB Book Awards 2017 are now under way. To whet appetites for this coming travel season, the event will open with an award for next year’s travel calendar featuring the best images, chosen as in previous years by ITB Berlin in cooperation with the RavensBuch bookstore from Friedrichshafen.
The Destination Award 2017 will focus on Botswana, an African wildlife destination which is the Official Partner Country of ITB Berlin.
Together with the jury’s choice of awards for the best traditional travel guides, travel books, illustrated books and specialist tourism publications the Calendar Award will be presented at the World’s Largest Travel Trade Show® in March 2017 in Berlin.
In 2017 the award categories are:
– Destination Award: Botswana
– Convention & Culture Partner: Slovenia’
– Travel destinations in Germany / Region: Upper Bavaria, City: Munich
– Special travel guides / Travel books (series)
– Special travel books
– Literary travel books
– Illustrated travel books
– Travelling with children
– Hiking / Cycling
– Water sports / Sailing / Sea travel
– Lifetime Award (publisher / author)
– Travel cook books
– Travel calendars
Specialist travel publications
– Tourist maps / Globes
– Specialist travel publications
– Background information
– Special award presented by the management of ITB Berlin
The members of the 2017 jury are:
• Eckart Baier (Buchjournal)
• Cornelia Camen (BuchMarkt)
• Prof. Dr. Roland Conrady (Hochschule Worms/president DGT)
• Armin Herb (jury spokesman, editorial offices, Herb)
• Regine Kiepert (Schropp Land & Karte)
• Martina Kraus (RavensBuch)
• Philipp Laage (dpa Themendienst)
• Karl Mertes (journalist)
• Burghard Rauschelbach (consultant, sustainable tourism)
• David Ruetz (chairing the jury, head of ITB Berlin)
• Raphaela Sabel (Schweizer Buchhandel)
• Gerd W. Seidemann (journalist)
The presentation of the ITB Book Awards 2017 will take place on Friday, 10 March 2017 at 4 p.m. in the Palais am Funkturm. The event will be moderated by Mary Amiri.
Unsolicited submissions will receive limited consideration and Büro Philipp, the organisers, must be notified in advance.
Source:- ITB Berlin