Published on : Friday, January 10, 2014
On Monday, January 13, for the first time, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the 1 line in Upper Manhattan. 1 service will be suspended between 96 St and Dyckman St from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, January 13 to early Friday morning, January 17. 1 train service will operate in two sections:
1. Between 242 St and Dyckman St. (Dyckman St-bound 1 Subway Line Icon trains skip 207 St.)
2. Between South Ferry and the 148 St station on the 3 Subway Line Icon line. (1 trains are rerouted via the 3 Subway Line Icon line between 96 St and 148 St.)
Travel alternatives: Take A Subway Line Icon trains and free shuttle buses
1. To/From the Bronx, transfer between the 1 Subway Line Icon and the A Subway Line Icon at Dyckman St.
2. To/From South Ferry, transfer between the 1 Subway Line Icon and the A Subway Line Icon at 59 St-Columbus Circle.
3. For 1 Subway Line Icon stations in Washington Heights, Harlem, and the Upper West Side, use nearby A Subway Line Icon stations along Ft Washington Av, St Nicholas Av, and Central Park West, and/or take free shuttle buses at 1 Subway Line Icon stations.
4. Transfer between free shuttle buses and trains at Dyckman St 1 Subway Line IconA Subway Line Icon, 168 St (A Subway Line Icon only), and 96 St 1 Subway Line Icon.
Free shuttle buses operate on three routes:
1. Along Broadway between the 96 St 1 Subway Line Icon and 168 St A Subway Line Icon stations, making stops at 103 St, 110 St, 116 St, 125 St, 137 St, 145 St, and 157 St.
2. Along St Nicholas Av between the 168 St A and the 191 St 1 Subway Line Icon stations, making stops at 181 St and 191 St.
3. Dyckman St loop between A Subway Line Icon and 1 Subway Line Icon stations.
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web.
FASTRACK was introduced in January 2012, devoting four straight weeknights to perform maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks, completely suspending service within a given line segment for a seven-hour period between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., allowing an army of maintenance workers to perform dozens of tasks.
Our next FASTRACK overnight closure will be on the EFMR Queens Blvd Line, between 5 Av/ 53 St and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av beginning Monday night January 20 and ending early Friday morning, January 24.