Published on : Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Oneworld has unveiled two more benefits for the most regular customers of its member airlines, as part of its strategy of positioning itself as the first choice airline alliance for frequent international travelers.
Frequent flyer cardholders with oneworld™ Emerald status are now entitled to:
– An extra checked baggage allowance, above the standard limit for the cabin class in which they are traveling – either one additional item where the piece concept applies, or an extra 20 kg (44 lbs) where the weight concept applies – when they fly on any oneworld™ member airline.
– Use fast track lanes through security when flying from select key airports worldwide on select oneworld™ member airlines.
These new benefits are in addition to those already offered to frequent flyers with oneworld™ Emerald status when flying on any oneworld™ member airline in any class, including:
– Earning mileage rewards and tier status points.
– Access to First Class or Business Class lounges on departure, accompanied by a guest. oneworld™ is the only alliance to offer top tier frequent flyers access to First Class lounges when they are not booked to travel in the First Class cabin.
– Ability to check-in at First Class or Business Class desks.
– Priority boarding.
– Priority on waitlists and when on standby if a flight is fully booked.
– Access to preferred and pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight.
Emerald is the highest status in the oneworld™ frequent flyer programme. It is held by:
– airberlin topbonus Platinum cardholders.
– American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum.
– British Airways Executive Club Gold.
– Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Diamond.
– Finnair Plus Platinum.
– Iberia Plus Platinum.
– Japan Airlines Mileage Bank (JMB) Diamond and JAL Global Club (JGC) Premier.
– LAN’s LANPASS Comodoro.
– Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum, from midnight tonight.
– Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum One and Platinum.
– Royal Jordanian Royal Plus Platinum.
– S7 Priority Platinum.
oneworld™ Chief Executive Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice airline alliance for regular international travellers. Our frequent flyer benefits – which we believe are the most compelling offered by any airline alliance – provide them with the highest levels of recognition, services and benefits when they need to travel beyond their home airline’s own network.”
The introduction of these new benefits coincides with the addition of Malaysia Airlines, one of Asia’s leading carriers, to oneworld™. The 2 million members of its Enrich loyalty programme now enjoy oneworld™’s frequent flyer services and benefits whenever they fly with any oneworld™ partner airline – airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and some 30 affiliated airlines – to any of the 850 destinations they serve worldwide.
This includes earning and redeeming mileage awards and earning tier status points when flying with all these airlines.
At the same time, the 125 million members of the established oneworld™ airlines’ frequent flyer programmes can now earn and redeem awards and tier status points and receive all other oneworld™ benefits when flying Malaysia Airlines.
Please visit oneworld™.com for full details of the updated frequent flyer benefits.
Source:- Qantas Airline