Published on : Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Princess Cruises today unveiled designs and announced key features of Majestic Princess, the newest and most luxurious ship in the global fleet. Departing April 4, Majestic Princess will sail on her inaugural voyage, a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu.
Following her maiden cruise, Majestic Princess will tour Europe, offering guests a chance to experience the ship on 7, 14, 21 and 28 day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens. A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, her new home. Majestic Princess will begin her first cruise from its home-port in Shanghai on July 11, 2017, carrying 3,560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
“Over the past 50 years, we have developed a mastery of global travel, delivering a truly international cruise vacation experience to our guests,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world-class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind and ultimately ‘come back new.’”
Majestic Princess, a sister cruise ship to Regal Princess and Royal Princess, will offer its guests a variety of enticing features and experiences, including:
Global Cuisine – Exceptional culinary offerings are a pillar of the Princess guest experience, designed and executed by masterfully trained chefs from France, Italy, the United States, Australia, China and Japan, among others. They create memorable dining experiences inspired by the more than 360 exotic ports of call visited by the line annually. This is why Princess Cruises has been named “Best Cruise Line for Food Lovers” by Food & Wine Magazine.
Popular culinary offerings from sister ships Royal Princess and Regal Princess will be aboard Majestic Princess including:
• The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere, a unique and engaging dining experience personally hosted by our Princess Executive Chef which includes a private galley tour and a multicourse dinner served at a grand custom-designed table where guests are surrounded by a glimmering curtain of light.
• The award-winning Crown Grill & Bar, an American steakhouse, preparing top-quality cuts of beef, chops and seafood in an open-kitchen served in a classically elegant restaurant setting.
• Alfredo’s, named after Princess Cruises’ award-winning Master Chef Alfredo Marzi, offers a selection of classic Italian and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas (voted “Best Pizza at Sea”), along with baked pasta dishes and specialty appetizers and desserts.
Two new specialty restaurants will be introduced onboard Majestic Princess. They include:
• Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen formerly of Wynn Las Vegas “Wing Lei” (the first Chinese restaurant in North America awarded a Michelin star). Harmony will feature haute Chinese cuisine paired with pristine ocean views and modern décor, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.
• Le Bistrot, located in the lively atrium, offers casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Harkening back to an authentic Parisian bistrot, guests will enjoy traditional Escargots Casseroles, Braised Ox Tongue and Mushroom Ragout, along with baquettes, tartines, tourtes and French Patisseries.