Published on : Wednesday, August 20, 2014
This is an increase of 4.6% over July last year and the second highest month ever recorded in the airport’s 75 year history.
This is the fourth consecutive record month this year and the first time the one million passenger mark has been broken at the airport since August last year.
There was also a 7.7% increase in long haul passenger traffic with flights operating to Beijing, Dubai, Delhi, Egypt, Islamabad, Jamaica, Mexico, Newark and Toronto in July.
Commenting on this milestone month, the Airport’s Chief Executive, said, “July was a historic month for us.
Not only did we achieve such great passenger numbers, we also celebrated our 75th anniversary and saw the first ever flight from China to a non-London airport arrive, and later depart on our newly extended runway to make its five thousand mile return journey to Beijing.”
Scheduled services that saw particular growth included Toulouse (+257.5%), Milan-Malpensa (+78.6%), Dubrovnik (+75.2%), Shannon (+58.9%), Stuttgart (+54.1%), Copenhagen (+47.7%), Jersey (+47.1%) and Hannover (+46.5%).
Charter destinations experiencing growth during the month were Italy (+31.9%), Portugal (+21.7%), Cyprus (+4.9%), Tunisia (+4.3%), Jamaica (+3%) and Mexico (+2.3%).
Scheduled traffic in July accounted 77.1% with charter making up the remaining 22.9%
July 2014 had 1.4% more passengers than the previous highest July in 2008.
April, May and June were also all record months this year.
Source:- Birmingham Airport
Tags: Birmingham Airport