Published on : Thursday, January 29, 2015
An impressive haul approaching 100 awards and accolades have been given to Sands China Ltd.’s integrated resorts, and to hotels, restaurants and spas across Sands Resorts Cotai Strip Macao and Sands Macao in 2014. All of Sands China’s properties were awarded, with the honours highlighting and celebrating Sands China’s excellence and achievement in accommodation, dining, spa, retail, entertainment, MICE, sustainability and more. Sands China continues to set a high standard in the industry, receiving prestigious awards for business and leisure tourism as well as for its commitment to environmental practices.
Recognition has come locally and regionally, as well as from world renowned publications like Forbes, Michelin and TTG. Most recently, Sands China won big with nine total restaurant awards in the Macau Government Tourist Office’s 2014 Star Merchant Awards, part of its newly launched Quality Tourism Services Accreditation Scheme. The Venetian Macao’s Canton and North, Sands Macao’s Copa Steakhouse and Golden Court, and The Plaza Macao’s Windows restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel Macao all earned awards in the top category of Deluxe Restaurant. Additionally, Bene and Feast at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central; and Grand Orbit at Conrad Macao, Cotai Central won in the First Class Restaurant category.
“Creating outstanding experiences for visitors of all types – from families to business and leisure travellers – is at the heart of our integrated resort model,” said Gunther Hatt, Executive Vice President of Operations, Sands China Ltd. “The recognition received by Sands China and its properties in 2014 shows that our strategy of providing the market with a diversified tourism product of the highest quality is bearing fruit. Sands China thanks its 28,000 team members for their dedication in making that strategy a reality day in and day out for our customers.”
Just a small sampling of the awards and accolades given to Sands China properties in 2014 reveals:
· Forbes Travel Guide awarding four stars to Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central in 2014, making it the only Holiday Inn in the world recognised in the prestigious annual ranking
· Michelin selecting The Venetian Macao’s authentic Indian restaurant the Golden Peacock as a one-star establishment (and reaffirming the designation in its 2015 guide)
· Shoppes at Four Seasons at The Plaza Macao earning the RLI Shopping Centre Renovation award
· Conrad Macao, Cotai Central being ranked one of the World’s Best Hotels on Expedia Insiders’ Select List
· TTG China Travel Awards recognising The Venetian Macao as the Best Meetings & Conventions Hotel in Macau for seven years running
· Sands China Ltd. receiving the China Green Enterprise Award for Outstanding Sustainable Development Enterprise
· The Venetian Macao earning its third straight nod by Travel + Leisure India & South Asia as the Best Luxury Resort in the World
· The 2014 World Travel Awards naming The Venetian Macao Asia’s Leading Fully Integrated Resort
The award-winning portfolio of Sands Resorts Cotai Strip Macao consists of The Venetian Macao; The Plaza Macao, featuring the Four Seasons Hotel Macao; and the world’s largest Conrad, Sheraton and Holiday Inn hotels at Sands® Cotai Central. Together with Sands Macao on the Macao peninsula, they offer a variety of business, leisure, and entertainment options for every type of guest, providing a diverse selection of world-class accommodation, dining, retail, meeting facilities and entertainment.
Tags: Sands Macao, Sands Resorts Cotai, Strip Macao