Published on : Tuesday, September 16, 2014
This is a new destination in the airline’s network as Transaero has never served this route before.
The passenger load factor on the first flights was more than 90% indicating high demand for the new product.
Transaero’s aircraft received a solemn meeting at Astraknan’s airport.
A water salute welcomed the arriving aircraft. A special programme was prepared for passengers: travelers departing from Moscow received some souvenirs, while passengers who took a return flight to Moscow could taste the local specialty – the Astraphanskiy pirog fish pie.
Dmitry Stolyarov, First Deputy General Director of Transaero Airlines, who arrived with the inaugural flight to Astrakhan, cut the pie for passengers.
The flights between Moscow and Astrakhan UN2147/2148 will be operated from Moscow Domodedovo airport with Discount class using Boeing 737 aircraft four times a week – on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
The schedule is as follows:
- Departure from Domodedovo at 07.10, arriving in Astrakhan at 09.30.
- Departure from Astrakhan at 10.20 arriving in Moscow at 12.50.
From September 27, the Moscow-Astrakhan flights UN147/148 with full services will be transferred to Moscow Vnukovo airport and will be operated onboard Boeing 737NG once a week on Saturdays.
From October 25, Transaero’s flights to Astrakhan from Vnukovo airport will be served daily according to the following schedule:
- Departure from Vnukovo at 08.30, arriving in Astrakhan at 10.50.
- Departure from Astrakhan at 11.50, arriving in Moscow at 14.10.
- On Thursdays – departure from Vnukovo at 16.30, arriving in Astrakhan at 18.50. Departure from Astrakhan at 19.50, arriving in Moscow at 22.10.
The launch of services between Moscow and Astrakhan is another step in developing the airline’s domestic route network.
Transaero’s passengers from Astrakhan arriving in Moscow can take advantage of the airline’s extensive network of domestic and international flights.
Tags: Transaero Airlines