Upward trend for beach tourism during Holy Week in Peru

Published on : Friday, April 4, 2014

peru_flag_2007-worldfactbookThe upcoming Holy Week holidays in Peru will witness an upward trend for beach tourism. Beachgoers prefers to camp at night or to stay in accommodations, rather than staying in a hotel, the tourist official pointed out.

The National Tourism Chamber (Canatur) has said that the Holy Week holidays are expected to generate US$ 300 million in revenues for the tourist sector with 1.5 million travelers visiting top spot destinations nationwide,

During this year’s celebrations, which are to be carried out from April 17th through April 20th, the finest religious festivals take place in the regions which are part of south-eastern Peru which include Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancayo and Junin.
“Of the total, 25 percent of tourists travel for taking place of the religious celebrations, while the remaining 75 percent use to for fun and entertaining,” Canatur’s head, Carlos Canales, said.


He noted Andean region of Ayacucho, a city famous for its 33 churches, will feature art shows, folk-dancing competitions, local music concerts, agricultural fairs and the loving preparation of traditional meals.





Comments are closed.

arrow2Follow Us
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 





    More Events...