Published on : Thursday, March 27, 2014
Ready to put the record-setting winter behind you? Then what better way than a visit to the Sunshine State? As they say in Florida, “When you need it bad, we’ve got it good…”
And now is a terrific time to visit the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida, with such special events as the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Presented by HGTV; Star WarsTM Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; and the opening of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a new family coaster at Magic Kingdom Park. A great way to experience these events and the area is by taking advantage of the special “Spring Getaway Rates” that are being offered by the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels.
Available May 1-June 30, 2014, the special rates start at just $87 per night.
In addition to their ideal location an easy walk to the shopping, dining and entertainment venues at the Downtown Disney area, these seven Official Walt Disney World® Hotels also provide complimentary shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two water parks, and to Downtown Disney Marketplace. As a bonus, guests at these hotels also receive the “2014 Downtown Disney Deals” booklet that features exclusive discounts and special offers from over 30 merchants for Downtown Disney area dining, entertainment and shopping.
The Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels’ “Spring Getaway Rates” are:
· B Resort – opening this Spring – rates from $129 per room, per night
· Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – rates from $99 per room, per night
· Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa – rates from $89 per room, per night
· DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – rates from $139 per suite, per night
· Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – rates from $99 per room, per night
· Holiday Inn Orlando – Lake Buena Vista – rates from $99 per room, per night
· Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort – rates from $87 per room, per night.
For more information on the “Spring Getaway Rates,” or to make a reservation, visit www.DowntownDisneyHotels.com , specifically www.DowntownDisneyHotels.com/spring-getaway-rates (or bit.ly/NUewXM ) . Rates are based on availability and some blackout dates may apply.
Taking advantage of the special rates also will enable you to enjoy such other benefits of staying at one of the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels as:
· Disney tickets available to purchase at each hotel
· Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World golf courses
· Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
· The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.
Special events at the Walt Disney World Resort include:
· Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, Presented by HGTV – March 5-May 18, 2014
· Flower Power Concert Series – March 5-May 18, 2014, at Epcot
· Star WarsTM Weekends – Friday-Sunday each weekend from May 16-June 15, 2014, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
· Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – opening in spring 2014 at Magic Kingdom Park.
In addition to these special events you also could take in the wonders of the recently expanded New Fantasyland, which is the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom Park. It offers more immersive enchantment and interactive experiences, and features two new themed areas: Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus. Enchanted Forest attractions and experiences include Under The Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid; Be Our Guest Restaurant; Enchanted Tales with Belle; Ariel’s Grotto; and Gaston’s Tavern. Storybook Circus attractions include: The Barnstormer; Dumbo The Flying Elephant; Casey Jr Splash ‘N’ Soak Station; Pete’s Silly Sideshow; and Fantasyland Station. New Fantasyland will feature more additions through 2014, which will include the new family coaster Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Among the many coupons featured in the “2014 Downtown Disney Deals” booklet are discounts at Rainforest Café, T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck Express, Steve Baker Caricatures, Lego Imagination Center, Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney, House of Blues Restaurant, La NoubaTM by Cirque du Soleil, Bongo’s Cuban Café, and Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
“May and June are great times to visit,” said Steve Garner, chairperson of the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels’ marketing committee. “The special events at the Walt Disney World Resort are outstanding and diverse, with something to please almost anyone. Add in that the crowds are typically much lighter, and this is a wonderful time to visit.”