Published on : Thursday, June 19, 2014
Windstar Cruises’ new offer features the best value in small ship luxury cruising to Asia.
Guests who book by August 27 will receive up to a $1,000 airfare credit per person, free hotel and transfers on arrival, a free exclusive Private Event, in addition to savings of up to 50% on cruise fare. Windstar’s Asia voyages, on board Star Pride (pictured above), the company’s newly acquired all-suite yacht, start at $3,599.
“Small ship cruising is the perfect way to experience the Far East. Guests can enjoy the vibrant Asian culture during the day, and step back onto their private yacht at night to relax,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar Cruises’ chief executive officer. “These voyages will feature our new Private Event, giving our guests an even deeper immersion in the local culture.”
Windstar’s new Private Events are crafted with the local experience in mind to give guests an in depth and authentic experience that compliments their voyage. Private Events featured on 2015 Asia voyages include:
– Phuket: A Feast for the Senses. Featured on the Singapore & the Malay Peninsula voyage, guests will start the evening with a performance by local dancers and a Long Drum Parade, followed by dinner at the award-winning restaurant, Sala Bua (Pavilion of Lotus), overlooking the Andaman Sea, and a private performance of graceful Thai dance.
– Hoi An: Dreams of Floating Lanterns. Featured on the Treasures of Southeast Asia, Southeast Asia Unveiled, and Southeast Asia Unveiled & Angkor Wat Cruisetour voyages guests will start the evening with a private performance of lion dancers, before dining in the beautiful Nam Long restaurant surrounded by lush gardens on the Thu Bon River. Floating lanterns gliding down the river accompanied by traditional music and dancers will add to the enchantment of the evening. Guests will also have the opportunity to take part in interactive workshops of Vietnamese letter drawing, lantern- making, and wood-engraving.
For those wanting to extend their cruise vacation with a land experience, Windstar is launching its first-ever Cruisetour, which premieres in Asia. The Angkor Wat Cruisetour includes a 3-day journey to the ancient temples in Cambodia. The package can be added to Southeast Asia Unveiled, a 10-day voyage from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City. Starting at $5,299 per person, the Cruisetour includes airfare to or from Ho Chi Minh City, 2-night accommodations at the 5- star Le Meridien Angkor, a gourmet dinner with traditional Cambodian entertainment and dance performance, in addition to the cruise on board Star Pride, $1,000 airfare credit, and transfers.
From Singapore and the Malay Peninsula to Hong Kong and Vietnam, Windstar explores the best of Asia.
– Best value in luxury travel: starting at $3,599 per person, guests receive complimentary transfers, one free hotel night, a spacious suite on Star Pride, Windstar’s first all-suite yacht, and a spectacular Private Event, created exclusively for Windstar guests.
– In-depth local experiences: Windstar showcases local cultures and cuisines through expert guest lecturers and local entertainers who come on board every voyage.
– Acclaimed itineraries: recognized for unique itineraries and authentic experiences, Windstar’s Singapore & the Malay Peninsula was recently showcased by Fodor’s as one of the Top 10 New Cruise Itineraries in 2014. Additionally, the line offers exclusive overnight experiences in both Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and Da Nang.
– Special access of small ship cruising: Windstar can get close enough for guests to experience these extraordinary places. Star Pride docks in city centers where larger ships can’t go, including the center of Hong Kong, the center of Penang, and the center in Halong Bay where junks come right alongside for guests to board from the deck of the yacht.
– Convenience and ease of travel: Windstar’s combination of small ship luxury and world- class service on board and on shore brings peace of mind when exploring new countries.
Tags: Windstar Cruises